Welcome to Faithful Politics, an online community devoted to following Christ though our political engagement. We desire to engage the political sphere in a manner that doesn’t reflect the ideologies of Left or Right, but rather finds its anchor in Scripture. We seek to promote three mutually enforcing principles:
To encourage the Body of Christ to participate in the political realm.
To guide our participation with holistically biblical principles, widening the agenda to cover issues that are traditionally considered Right, Left, or otherwise forgotten.
To promote solutions to these issues primarily through the Church, and secondarily through the government.
Join us as we seek to glorify God in our politics through our manner and message in the political realm. We invite you to share your thoughts on the issues we discuss and to have your voice contribute to the conversation.
FaithfulPolitics.org is an online community devoted to a biblically sound understanding of the Christian’s responsibility for civic engagement. We desire to promote an active participation in the political realm in a manner that is holistically biblical in scope and methodology. We seek to follow Jesus’ command to love God and love our neighbors, and through this site we hope to work out how that command effects our political actions through the promotion of solutions to societal problems.
Statement of Faith
We affirm the historic creeds of the universal Church, holding to the traditional understanding of what it means to be a follower of Christ. We recognize that the visible church includes many different branches, including Catholics, Evangelicals, Mainline Protestants, and Orthodox Christians. Our desire is that as members of the same family we can all unite around our common identity in Christ, while not ignoring the distinctives that have led to the development of these rich traditions. We therefore affirm that:
We believe in God, the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth;
and in Jesus Christ
his only Son our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, dead and buried:
he descended into hell;
the third day He rose again from the dead;
he ascended into heaven,
and sits on the right hand of God the Father almighty;
from thence he shall come to judge the living and the dead.
We believe in the Holy Spirit;
the holy catholic church;
the communion of saints;
the forgiveness of sins;
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting,
We attempt to contribute to the Christian political environment by providing thoughtful commentary on Christian political philosophy as well as current events. We also wish to provide an atmosphere where Christians of all backgrounds can dialogue on issues related to the integration of faith and politics, in a respectful, non-reactionary manner. Believing that prayer is indeed powerful and effective, we unite in prayer around a weekly prayer point. Finally, we seek to promote organizations and writings that build up the Body of Christ by addressing societal problems, and pointing others to our Savior.
- We are a community of Christians that believe God demands all of our lives be submitted to Him, including our politics.
- We believe that we have a theological obligation to be involved in the public square.
- We believe that the Church is the primary agent through which healing for our broken world can be found, but that, on occasion, God can work His common grace through the state as well.
- We believe that the Church must play a prophetic role in shaping society.
- We recognize that we all approach the political realm with our own set of biases and ideologies, our attempt is to systematically replace whatever biases have come as a result of the world with truths found in Scripture.
- We recognize that many of the conflicts that arise within the Body of Christ are a result of differing interpretations and applications of the Bible, we therefore agree to hold our own interpretations loosely, understanding that Believers can honestly disagree on the non-essential elements of Scripture.
- We understand that dialogue with individuals who don’t agree with us is an important aspect of growing in our faith, and thus seek to converse in an uplifting manner that points us all towards Christ.
- We believe that prayer is indeed powerful and effective, and thus commit to praying for our nation and the world.
- We recognize that a number of wonderful Christian organizations are doing an excellent job serving the Kingdom of Christ through the private and public sectors, and will thus seek to promote these viable ministries.